Clinical Therapist Position
The clinical therapist (CT) is responsible for providing diagnostic assessments, evidenced-based therapy, and support services for children (five and up), adolescents, adults, and families experiencing mental health issues, communication challenges, or family conflict. The therapist is also responsible for providing co-parenting and anger management classes as needed.
- Completes phone interviews, scheduling, intakes, and initial assessments
- Provides consistent treatment to persons indicted above
- Maintains electronic health records, including documentation on time
- Available to schedule clients two to three late evenings (no later than 7:00 p.m.) per week
- Facilitates co-parenting and anger management classes as needed
- Administers, scores, and records diagnostic assessments required of all clients
- Responsible for carrying a clinical caseload, either face to face or online, via secured HIPPA Compliant Telehealth platform while maintaining the required productivity level as detailed by the supervisor.
- Assists with client recruitment, maintain contacts with Employee Assistant Program (EAP) representatives and keeps track of client data
- Helps clients complete and submit documentation when needed (i.e., disability papers)
- Follows Compassion Counseling’s policies and procedures and participates in agency-related activities
After the in-person intake session and the telehealth consent forms are signed, the CT will have opportunities to provide therapy via a live videoconference using a HIPPA Compliant Platform. The CT needs to be able to demonstrate how to effectively communicate with virtual clients, evaluate signs and symptoms for a client virtually, and use best practices when delivering virtual therapy.
- Full-time or part-time
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) or National Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Background Screening, which the agency will process
- A copy of the Professional Liability Insurance and a copy of the Professional License
- Aligns with Compassion Counseling’s mission, vision, and values
- Respects clients from different backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to understand and follow directions from the supervisor, as well as comply with agency directives, state laws, licensing rules and regulations, and certification standards that cover the clinical profession
- Demonstrates verbal skills, ability to work interdependently and independently
- Ability to relate to staff and volunteers in a professional manner
- Other responsibilities as determined by the supervisor
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Lakshmie@cccmaryville.org. Please include the position title in the subject line.