Using principles of Positive Psychology and Gallup’s Strengthsfinder resources, participants will:
- Learn a framework for the use of positive psychology in leadership and pastoral counseling
- Identify their top personal strengths and how to leverage these for improved efficacy and fulfillment in ministry
- Learn how to build teams based on individual strengths and develop those strengths for optimal engagement
- Identify strategies for improved self-leadership and the development of “leaders of leaders”
- Experience support, encouragement, and accountability, in a safe, growth-minded environment
This group will meet monthly for 6 months, 2 hours per session, and will be a closed group following the first session. The cost is $200 per 6-month session plus materials, payable in advance to COMPASSion Counseling. Resources for this course are:
Dweck, C. S. (2006). Mindset: The new psychology of success. New York: Random House.
Rath, T., &Conchie, B. (2009). Strengths Based Leadership: Great leaders, teams, and why people follow. New York: Gallup Press.
Facilitator: Greta Smith, Ph.D., a licensed psychologist, seminary student and candidate for ordination as a deacon in the United Methodist Church.
If you would like more information about this topic, please contact COMPASSion Counseling at (865) 724-2325.